Who is this service intended for? Anyone affected by the diagnosis of a progressive life-limiting illness
Where is this service provided? With local partners across Bucks and Herts, please consult the programme for list of locations and timings
When is this service available? Various - please consult the programme for list of locations and timings
About our Cafés
Rennie Grove’s Compassionate Cafés are drop-in sessions in a local venue or with a local partner. They provide a space for members of our community who have been affected by any type of loss and would like to come along for a friendly chat and a chance to meet others over a cup of tea.
There is no need to book, so please just come along.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with our Compassionate Communities team on 01442 890222 or get in touch via our enquiry form
- offering a safe and welcoming space for people to come together
- offering friendship, emotional support and a listening ear
- helping people connect with their local community
- providing information, guidance and signposting to available services
A volunteer-led service, tailored to what is needed in the local community.
Our catchment area spans Bucks and West Herts. We launched our first Compassionate Cafés in and around the Watford area but are working quickly to expand. We currently have Cafés in:
- The Kitchen, Croxley (198 Watford Road, Croxley Green, WD3 3DB). 1st Friday, 10am-11am.
- Café West (partnership), West Watford (West Watford Free Church (Baptist), Tolpits Lane, WD18 6NU). 3rd Tuesday, 9:15am-12:15pm.
- Red Trust (partnership), Bushey (Red Café, Phoenix Centre, Farrington Avenue, Bushey WD23 3DG). 3rd June 2023 and will be on the 1st Saturday, 11:30am-1:30pm.
- Working in partnership with Inspire All, we will be running a fortnightly Compassionate Café at 96 Shenley Road Community Hub, Borehamwood WD6 1EB. This Café starts on 15th June 2023 and runs on the first & third Thursday of every month from 2-4pm.
- New Cafés in Potters Bar and St Albans are coming soon.
More Compassionate Cafés coming soon; if you would like to work in partnership with us in setting one up, please get in touch with our Compassionate Communities team on 01442 890222 or get in touch via our enquiry form
Like all Rennie Grove services, our Compassionate Support Cafes in Bucks and West Herts are offered free of charge (some costs for refreshments). We can only deliver the services thanks to the generosity of the local community and the volunteers involved.
If you’d like to make a donation to support our services, you can do that here.
If you’d like to volunteer for any of our services, click here to learn more
If you’d would like to work in partnership with us in setting up a Compassionate Support Cafe, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our Community Engagement team via our enquiry form
If you or a family member would like to attend a Compassionate Support Cafe, please drop in or contact the Compassionate Communities team on 01442 890222 or get in touch via our enquiry form
Compassionate Neighbours is a social movement of local people enabled and supported to be more compassionate in their local communities
Compassionate Support Hubs
Providing a space where people affected by the diagnosis of a progressive life-limiting illness can drop in to meet others for a drink and a friendly chat
Referrals and enquiries for Compassionate Communities
Whether you'd like to make a referral to our Compassionate Communities, have a question, or would like to volunteer your time or services - we'd love to hear...