During 2020-21 our fundraising activity raised £4.2 million, making a net contribution of £3.5 million to patient care.
- Our loyal supporters continued to support our fundraising activities and enabled us to raise £4.2 million to help fund our services.
- The Grove House Capital Appeal succeeded in raising £513,000 towards the cost of the redevelopment of the building while also raising awareness of the important support that Grove House will be able to provide.
- Our retail and trading income was heavily impacted by the forced closure of non-essential shops, raising just £830,000 which resulted in a net loss across the year.
- We created a Fundraising Advisory Group using trustee expertise to help drive our fundraising strategic direction.
- We reviewed the branding requirements of the newly-refurbished Grove House to ensure signage and messaging would be effective and strengthen the brand.
Engagement and our response to COVID-19
- We launched an urgent appeal when the first lockdown hit that raised £134k.
- We appealed to businesses and individuals in the local community to help us secure supplies of PPE.
- We developed and successfully delivered a programme of virtual events to generate income within COVID-19 restrictions.
- We restructured our community fundraising team to reflect the shift to more virtual activity and individual giving.